Jadamanji /Sadamanji/ Spikenard Dried Root (Raw)
Jada manji (Nardostachys Jatamansi) is a perennial herb about 10-60cm in height having long stout, rhizomes root. The leaves are elongated and spatulated while few leaves are sessile, oblong or sub ovate. The flowers are pink bell shaped. Its roots are thick and have too many hairs.
Botanical Name : Nardostachys jatamansi
English Name : Spikenard
Tamil Name : ஜடாமஞ்சி / Jadamanji
Hindi Name : जटामासी / Jatamasi
Malayalam Name : ജടാമാഞ്ചി / Jatamanji
Telugu Name : జటామాంసి / Jatamansi
About Jata manji ver (Spikenard root):
Jada manji / Sadamanji (Nardostachys Jatamansi) is a perennial herb about 10-60cm in height having long stout, rhizomes root. The leaves are elongated and spatulated while few leaves are sessile, oblong or sub ovate. The flowers are pink bell shaped. Its roots are thick and have too many hairs.
Health Benefit of Jada manji (Spikenard root):
- Hair growth:It is used to treat hair related problems like poor growth, premature greying of hairs.
- Cardiac health:It has hypertensive effect and used in treatment of high B.P. It is also useful in the management of palpitation of heart and is a good cardiac tonic.
- Memory and learning:The medicinal plant is helpful in enhancing the abilities of the brain and combats the mental problems thus impart calmness and peace to mind. It improves memory and reduces the forgetfulness.
- Strengthens the nervous system: It helps to provide vitality, vigor and strength to the body thus is good for the nervous system.
- Stress buster: The plant has the power to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and tension by balancing biochemical reactions in the body. It is good to have the mind cool and healthy and acts as one of the finest mind rejuvenator tonic. It also possesses tranquilizing and sedative effect on brain.
- Hyper pigmentation: It is used to improve complexion and ensures glowing and shining looks to the body. The powder of root mixed in water when applied promotes skin texture.
- Liver problems: It also shows hepato-protective effect. It is useful in hepatitis, jaundice and prevents enlargement of liver.
- Antifungal: Its oil also possesses anti-fungal activity. It acts against fungus like Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus Niger.
- It also acts as immunity enhancer and protects body from various infections.
- It is also used to treat insomnia, headache and memory loss.
- It also has antispasmodic and carminative action and is useful in abdominal pain and intestinal gas.
- It is useful in dysmenorrhea (painful periods) and menopause.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.