Kalarchi Kaai / Bonduc Nut (Raw)
Kalarchi Kaai - known as Bonduc Nut in Asia and the Pacific Ocean islands, is an important
medicinal plant as well, with largely similar uses as in Africa.Its
stems up to 15 m long, usually armed with robust prickles.
Botanical Name : Caesalpinia Bonducella
English Name : Bonduc Nut, Febrifuge Nut, Fever Nut
Tamil Name : கழிச்சிக்காய் / Kalichchikkaai
Hindi Name : कांटकरंज / कांटीकरंज / कुबेराक्षी / Kantkarej
Malayalam Name: കാളാഞ്ചി / Kalanchi
Telugu Name : గచ్చ్చకాయ / కాంతికరంజా / కుబేరాక్షి / gachchakaya / Kantikaranja / Kuberakshi
About Kalarchi Kaai (Bonduc Nut):-
Asia and the Pacific Ocean islands Caesalpinia bonduc is an important medicinal plant as well, with largely similar uses as in Africa. Its stems up to 15 m long, usually armed with robust prickles. Leaves alternate, bipinnately compound, with 6–11 pairs of pinnae; stipules pinnate or 3–5-lobed, up to 20 mm long; petiole and rachis 15–80 cm long; leaflets opposite, 6–9(–12) pairs per pinna, oblong, 2–4 cm × 1–2 cm, base rounded, apex rounded to acute, shortly hairy at least on midrib and margins. Inflorescence a supra-axillary or terminal raceme or panicle 30–60 cm long, densely flowered.
Internal Benefits of Kalarchi Kaai (Bonduc Nut):-
- The root bark has been used for treating intestinal worms, fever, tumors, cough, amenorrhea, and to remove placenta after childbirth.
- The fruit is used for eliminating piles, wounds, leucorrhea and urinary disorders.
- Boiled leaves can be used for gargling to relieve a sore throat.
- The juice extract of the leaves is used in controlling elephantiasis and smallpox.
External Benefits of Kalarchi Kaai (Bonduc Nut/Febrifuge Nut/Molucca Bean):-
- The leaves and seeds after roasted in castor oil can be applied to reduce piles, inflammatory swellings, orchitis, and hydrocele.
- A paste made from the leaves and twigs is useful in reducing toothache.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out on our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.