Sarpagandha / Black Snake Root Dried (Raw)
Rauwolfia serpentina is an evergreen, erect glabrous perennial shrub that normally grows up to a height of 60 cm.Roots of this herb are tuberous with a cork of a pale brown color.Leaves of this plant are generally found in whorls of three, and are bright green colored above and pale green colored below. The base of the leaves is slender and tapering in nature.
Botanical Name : Rauwolfia
English Name : Black snakeroot / Indian snakeroot
Tamil Name : சர்பகந்தா,சிவன் அமல் / Sarpagandha , Covanna Milpadi, sivan amal
Hindi Name : छोटा चाँद, धवल बरुआ, नयी , नकुलिकाण्ड , नकुलकन्दा , धवलबारुआ, चौतचंद, रसना, रणभेदा, हेरके चंद्र ,चंद्रभागा / Chota chand, Dhaval barua, Nayi, Nakulikand, Dhavalbarua, chotachand, Rasna, Rarnabheda, Herkai chandra, Candrabhaga.
Malayalam Name : ചിവൻ അമല്പൊടി,തുള്ളുന്നു, ചുവന്ന അമ്ലപരി, സിവാൻ അമാൽപാദി / Tullunni, Chuvanna avil.
Telugu Name : పాతాళ గరుడ , పాటలగాని , పాటలగంధి , పడగపూచఃవ్ , దుంపరసన / Patala Garuda, Patalagani, Patalagaruda, patalagandhi, padagpuchahv, dumparasna
About Sarpagandha ( Black snakeroot / Indian snakeroot ):-
Rauwolfia serpentina is an evergreen, erect glabrous perennial shrub that normally grows up to a height of 60 cm.Roots of this herb are tuberous with a cork of a pale brown color.Leaves of this plant are generally found in whorls of three, and are bright green colored above and pale green colored below. The base of the leaves is slender and tapering in nature. The petioles of this plant are long.The flowers are white in color, sometimes violet in color and contains nectar at the deep of the corolla tubes Peduncles are long enough while the pedicles are stout. The calyx is bright red in color. The corolla is usually longer than the calyx. Drupes of this plant are slightly connate, ovoid and are of purplish black color. The flowering period of this plant is March to May in India.
Internal Benefits of Sarpagandha ( Black snakeroot / Indian snakeroot ):-
• It is used for the
treatment of high blood sugar. Hence called as universal medicine for lowering
• It cures insomnia, hysteria and hypertension. Rauwolfia is found beneficial in relieving hysteria.
• It is also useful for in the treatment of cataract.
• It also cures plague and fever.
• Sarpagandha is used for the treatment of Schizophrenia.
• Rauwolfia serpentina is believed to cure anxiety, psychosis and epilepsy.
• It is also quoted for the treatment of colic and cholera.
• It is used to stimulate uterine contraction.
• The mixture of this with ginger and black pepper regularizes menstruation.
• The extract is also used against dysentery since ages.
• It is also used against irregular heart action in old ages.
• It is also useful some gynecological problems like frigidity and moliminia.
• It is also used against constipation and dizziness.
External Benefits of Sarpagandha ( Black snakeroot / Indian snakeroot ):-
• It is used in various part of the world for the treatment of snake (cobra), scorpion or reptile bite and stings of any poisonous insects.
• Rauwolfia serpentina has also been in use in the treatment of intractable skin disorder such as psoriasis, excessive sweating and itching.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.