Amman Pacharisi / Snake Weed Powder
The plants are annual or perennial herbs, woody shrubs, or trees
with a caustic, poisonous milky latex. The roots are fine or thick and
fleshy or tuberous. Many species are more or less succulent, thorny, or
unarmed. The main stem and mostly also the side arms of the succulent
species are thick and fleshy, 15–91 cm tall.
Botanical Name : Euphorbia Thymifolia.
English Name : Snake Weed.
Tamil Name : அம்மான் பச்சரிசி / Amman Pacharisi.
Hindi Name : दूधिया / Dudhiya.
Malayalam Name : നിലം പാല / Nela Paalai.
Telugu Name : రెడ్డినే నరాలు / Reddine Narolu.
About Amman Pacharisi (Snake Weed):-
The plants are annual or perennial
herbs, woody shrubs, or trees with a caustic, poisonous milky latex. The
roots are fine or thick and fleshy or tuberous. Many species are more
or less succulent, thorny, or unarmed. The main stem and mostly also the
side arms of the succulent species are thick and fleshy, 15–91 cm tall.
.The plant also contains beta-carotene, vitamin C, and phenolics.
Euphorbia is widely used to clear up the respiratory tract and for the
treatment of asthma. It has a broncho-dilatory effect that helps to
relieve the symptoms of most respiratory diseases. The root of the plant
also possesses anti-emetic properties and can combat vomiting. As
mentioned earlier, although the leaves, flowers, and roots possess
medicinal properties, the latex is quite poisonous and can cause damage
to the skin or any other surface of the body.
Internal Benefits of Amman Pacharisi (Snake Weed):-
- The leaves of euphorbia are known to be helpful in treating skin irritations. The milky sap, while poisonous, can be used to clear up warts on the surface of the skin. An extract made from the crushed euphorbia flower can heal eye infections and inflammations like conjunctivitis.
- The plant is believed to promote healing in cases of dengue fever by facilitating the production of platelets. It is also known for its anthelmintic properties, and it can be used to get rid of worms and other parasitic organisms. Euphorbia is also considered to boost breast milk production in lactating mothers. Euphorbia can be used in the treatment of venereal diseases like gonorrhea.
- In fact, it has also found use in the treatment of impotency,
premature ejaculation, and other sexual disorders.
The root of euphorbia can be made into a paste and used for healing
stomach pain. However, it should be consumed only in recommended doses,
else it can induce vomiting.
Euphorbia is also said to possess antiviral properties, and it has been
used in the treatment of dysentery and to alleviate the symptoms of
External Benefits of Amman Pacharisi (Snake Weed):-
- Euphorbia can also be used to treat snakebites and Paste of the leaves is applied externally to cure swellings and ulcers
How to Consume Amman Pacharisi (Snake Weed) Internally:-
- Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Amman Pacharisi (Snake Weed) Externally:-
- Apply the paste of the leaves externally to cure swellings and ulcers
Procurement & Agriculture Method:-
- 90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
- The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.