Korai Kilangu / Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass Powder
Korai Kilangu (or) Nut grass is a perennial shrub that attains a height of up to 40 cm. it
has a dark green thin stem and the leaves are long and sharp. While the
flower stem has a triangular cross-section, the flower is 2 to 8 inch in
length, has three-stamina and a three-stigma carpel. It is also
Botanical Name : Cyperus Rotundus.
English Name : Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass.
Tamil Name : கோரைக்கிழங்கு / Korai Kilangu.
Hindi Name : मोठ, नगरमोठ, बड़ा-नगर -मोठ , कोरेही-झाड़ / Motha, Nagarmotha, Bara-nagar-motha, Korehi-jhar.
Malayalam Name : മുത്തങ്ങ / Muthanga.
Telugu Name : తున్గాముస్తలు / Tunga Mustalu.
About Korai Kilangu (Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass):-
Nut grass is a perennial shrub
that attains a height of up to 40 cm. it has a dark green thin stem and
the leaves are long and sharp. While the flower stem has a triangular
cross-section, the flower is 2 to 8 inch in length, has three-stamina
and a three-stigma carpel. It is also bisexual. The plant bears flowers
in summer and fruits in winter. It has tuberous roots or rhizomes that
are fragrant. The plant is native to Africa, southern and central Europe
and southern Asia. It is found throughout India.
Internal Benefits of Korai Kilangu (Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass):-
- The paste of nut grass is used in treating skin related ailments like scabies and eczema and helps in relieving itching.
- The paste is used in increasing the size of the breasts. It also purifies the breast milk, improves eyesight and helps in eye related ailments.
- The extract from the roots is instilled into eyes in conjunctivitis, to reduce the pain, redness and ocular discharges.
- Nut grass, when taken in powdered form, improves digestive system, removes worms from the gastro-intestinal tract, curbs infection and purifies blood.
- The powder is massaged to reduce the subcutaneous fat deposition in case of obese people.
- It normalizes the menstrual disturbances and breast discomfort and maintains normal body temperature.
- Nut grass proves useful in diseases like psychosis and epilepsy and mental diseases.
- The herb helps, uterine contraction and provides strength to the body.
- It is used as a diuretic to treat ulcers and as an emmenagogue and an ingredient in warm plasters.
- The herb proves to be a keen stimulant in appetite.
- Nut grass is an effective remedy for distaste, vomiting, diarrhea, colitis and dyspepsia.
- It is considered the best herb for treating any type of fever.
- The Root is often used for developing High Memory.
- Nut grass is beneficial in treating cough and asthma, since it alleviates the Kapha.
- The herb harmonizes liver, spleen, and pancreas. It helps in curing
thirst, bronchitis, dysuria and poisonous affections.
External Benefits of Korai Kilangu (Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass):-
- Used for Skin Acne, Dandruff, Skin Wounds, and Skin Ulcers.
How to Consume Korai Kilangu (Purple Nut Sedge /
Nut Grass) Internally:-
- Morning - Mix 5 gms. of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Korai Kilangu (Purple Nut Sedge / Nut Grass) Externally:-
- People Apply purple nut sedge to the skin for acne, dandruff, skin wounds, and skin ulcers.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:-
- 90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
- The Consumption details and
benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and
Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors
Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.