Vaivilangam / False Black Pepper Powder
It is the main herb of Ayurveda that effectively treats intestinal
parasites (tapeworm, ring worm). The dried mature fruits or seeds are
used for this purpose. These seeds look similar to white pepper seeds.
They have brownish-black color and measure about 2-4 mm in diameter.
Botanical Name : Embelia Ribes Burn.
English Name : Vai Vidang / False Black Pepper / False Pepper.
Tamil Name : வாய்விலங்கம் / கக்கண்டங்காய் | Vaivilangam / Kakkandankai.
Hindi Name : वायविडंग / बायबिडंग / भाभीरंग | Vaividang, Baibidang, Bhabhirang
Malayalam Name : വിള്ളൽ / വിജാല | Vilal / vijhala.
Telugu Name : వాయు విదంగాలు / Vayu Vidangalu.
About Vaivilangam (False Black Pepper):-
It is the main herb of Ayurveda that
effectively treats intestinal parasites (tapeworm, ring worm). The
dried mature fruits or seeds are used for this purpose. These seeds look
similar to white pepper seeds. They have brownish-black colour and
measure about 2-4 mm in diameter. Their surface is warty with a beak
like projection at apex. The outer covering or pericarp is brittle and
encloses a single seed covered with thin membrane.
Internal Benefits of Vaivilangam (False Black Pepper):-
- It is used for worms in stomach.
- It is used remedy for heart related diseases.
- Remedy for blood motions & sticky motions.
- For back ache during menses.
- It detoxifies blood, hence useful in wide range of skin diseases.
- It is useful against vomiting, bloating, indigestion, gastritis and constipation.
External Benefits of Vaivilangam (False Black Pepper):-
- It is used for fungal infections of skin.
- It is used for facial paralysis due to overheat- Vata rogam.
- Used for or eye brow pains, pains in forehead and killing germs in the skull.
- It is used for Elephantiasis.
How to Consume Vaivilangam (False Black Pepper) Internally:-
- Morning - Mix 5 gms. of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
- For Worms in Stomach : Consuming 3 grams of Embelia Ribes powder along with honey twice a day, cures from all the problems due to worms in stomach. • For Heart Diseases :Take equal quantities of Embelia Ribes, dried ginger, asafoetida, long pepper, himalayan pink salt, sadyaksharam, sanna rashtram, siphonanthus indica. Consuming this powder 3 grams mixed with cow ghee, twice a day gives relief from all heart problems, all types of coughs and also kills germs.
- For Blood Motions :Take slightly fried Embelia Ribes and make a powder of it. Consume 3 grams of powder and take sugar syrup along with it. Doing this 2 to 3 times a day will give you relief from blood motions.
- For Sticky motions : Take 30 grams of Embelia Ribes, and slightly fry in a clay pot. Grind it and get a fine powder using a cloth. Mix candy sugar powder in equal quantity and preserve it. Consuming 6 grams of this powder 3 times a day and drinking butter milk after it cures sticky motions.
- For Back Ache During Menses : Take 10 grams of Embelia Ribes, 5 grams of dried ginger, 20 grams of jaggery. Grind them all together and mix it in half liter water. Heat the mixed water till only half of it remains. After cooling filter it. Drinking filtered dicoction every day once, reduces the back ache during menses
How to Apply Vaivilangam (False Black Pepper) Externally:-
- For fungal infections of skin Twice a day consume 50 grams of Embelia Ribes dicoction and take the Robustal powder as ingredient in food items. Also apply the paste of Robustal berry on the infected parts of the skin, and take the bath with the water boiled along with Embelia Ribes.This gradually reduces skin infections due to germs.
- For facial paralysis due to over heat (Vata rogam): Take equal quantities of Embelia Ribes and black sesame and grind together with the water to a fine paste. With the help of a soft cloth, put four to five drops from the paste into the nose and breath. This helps in gradual recovery from the facial paralysis due to over heat.
- For eye brow pains, pains in forehead and killing germs in the skull Take equal quantities of Embelia Ribes, Himalayan pink salt and jaggery. Grind them together with the juice of betel nut leaves. Dry this mix in sunlight for a day and make a fine powder of it. Preserve this in a glass bottle. As and when needed add a pinch of powder to little water. Using this as nasal drops and taking 4 to 5 drops will give relief from eye brow pains and pains in the forehead also kills germs in the skull.
- For Elephantiasis
Take equal quantities of Embelia Ribes, Himalayan cedar,
Picrorhiza-kurroa, Tinospora cordifolia, dried ginger and finely grind
with cow urine. Applying this paste as ointment on elephantiasis
infected leg will cure gradually.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:-
- 90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
- The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.