Thamarai / Indian Lotus Powder
Indian lotus is the national flower of India and Vietnam. The roots of
the plant are firmly planted in the soil of the pond or river bottom.
The leaves can be seen floating on the top of the water surface. Lotus
grows to a height of about 150 cm, with a 3-meter horizontal spread.
Botanical Name : Nelumbo Nucifera
English Name : Indian Lotus
Tamil Name : தாமரை / Thamarai / Chenthaamarai / Taavarai
Hindi Name : कमल / Kamal
Malayalam Name : താമര / Tamara
Telugu Name : తామర / తామర పువ్వు / Tamara / Tamara Puvvu
About Thamarai (Indian Lotus):-
Indian lotus is the national flower
of India and Vietnam. The roots of the plant are firmly planted in the
soil of the pond or river bottom. The leaves can be seen floating on the
top of the water surface. Lotus grows to a height of about 150 cm, with
a 3-meter horizontal spread. The leaves can be as large as 60 cm in
diameter, while the showy flowers can be up to 20 cm in diameter. The
fruits are a conical pod, with seeds contained in holes in the pod. The
lotus flower can be seen in hues of pink and white. It is native to
Greater India and commonly cultivated in water gardens.
Internal Benefits of Thamarai (Indian Lotus):-
• Lotus is helpful in controlling the burning sensation, due to its cold potency.
• The plant helps in improving the skin texture and complexion.
• It improves mental condition and regularizes the peristaltic movements.
• It treats urine related problems and maintains the bodys normal temperature.
• The leaf paste is applied to the body in case of fever and inflammatory skin conditions.
• The young leaves of lotus are taken with sugar to treat rectal prolapse.
• The leaves are also used in treating sunstroke, diarrhea, dysentery, dizziness and vomiting of blood.
• The stamens are mixed with jaggery and ghee to treat hemorrhoids.
• The leaves and flowers are useful in many bleeding disorders.
• Lotus flowers are prescribed to promote conception.
• The flower stalk, mixed with other herbs, is used to treat bleeding from the uterus.
• The petals alleviate thirst and inflammations while the seeds are powdered and mixed with honey to treat cough.
• Lotus, when taken with ghee, milk and gold, is considered a general tonic to promote strength, virility and intellect.
External Benefits of Thamarai (Indian Lotus):-
How to Consume Thamarai (Indian Lotus) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for
few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it
before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner
How to Apply Thamarai (Indian Lotus) Externally:-
• The leaf paste is applied to the body in for regular skin care and also for inflammatory skin conditions.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.