Maruthamaram / Arjun Tree Powder
Maruthamaram , known as Terminalia arjuna is a tree that grows to a height of about 20-25
meters. The tree is native to India and is found growing in the banks of
river beds that have gone dry. The flowers of the tree are pale yellow
in color. The leaves are green long conical and brown towards the end.
The tree bears fruit between the months of September and November, while
flowers are seen in during the monsoon season of June to August.
Botanical Name : Terminalia Arjuna
English Name : Arjun Tree
Tamil Name : மருதமரம் / Maruthamaram
Hindi Name : अर्जुन / काहु / कहुआ / Arjuna/ Kahu/ Kahua
Malayalam Name: നീർമരുത് / Neer Maruthu
Telugu Name : తెల్ల మద్ది / Thella Maddi
About Maruthamaram (Arjun Tree):-
Terminalia arjuna is a tree that grows to a height of about 20-25 meters. The tree is native to India and is found growing in the banks of river beds that have gone dry. The flowers of the tree are pale yellow in color. The leaves are green long conical and brown towards the end. The tree bears fruit between the months of September and November, while flowers are seen in during the monsoon season of June to August.
Internal Benefits of Maruthamaram (Arjun Tree):-
• Regular use of Arjuna Tree improves the pumping activity of heart, which makes it very useful for heart weakness and congestive heart failure.
• Arjuna improves cardiac muscle strength
• It decrease in LDL cholesterol levels.
Arjunas ability to suppress the bloods absorption of lipids indicates that it has cholesterol-regulating properties. Its principle constituents are sitosterol, ellagic acid and arjunic acid.
• Arjuna bark is rich in Co-enzyme Q-10 which prevents incident of heart attacks. • Arjuna also has a tonic and diuretic effects that benefit cirrhosis of the liver. • It induces a drug-dependent decrease in blood pressure and heart rate.
• The bark of Arjuna is useful as an anti-ischemic and cardioprotective agent in hypertension and in ischemic heart disease, especially in disturbed cardiac rhythm, angina or myocardial infarction.
• Arjuna helps maintain a healthy heart and reduces the effects of stress and nervousness.
• Arjuna enhances prostaglandins and lowers risk of coronary heart trouble.
• Arjuna can relieve symptomatic complaints of essential hypertension such as giddiness, insomnia, lassitude, headache and the inability to concentrate.
• In a study on the efficacy of the bark powder in treating congestive
cardiac failure (CCF), over 40% of the cases showed marked improvement.
CCF due to congenital anomaly of heart and valve disease was also
brought under control. 4 out of 9 cases of CCF due to chronic bronchitis
were also relieved by the treatment.
External Benefits of Maruthamaram (Arjun Tree):-
How to Consume Maruthamaram (Arjun Tree) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for
few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it
before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner
How to Apply Maruthamaram (Arjun Tree) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.