Mudakaruthan / Balloon Plant Powder
Cardiospermum Halicacabum, known as the balloon plant or love in a
puff, is a climbing plant widely distributed in tropical and subtropical
Africa and Asia. It has been examined for anti-diarrhoeal as well as
homeopathic medicinal properties.
Botanical Name : Cardiospermum Halicacabum.
English Name : Balloon Plant.
Tamil Name : முடக்கற்றான் / Mudakaruthan.
Hindi Name : कपालफोड़ी , कनफुटी , कनफटा / Kapalphodi, Khanphuti, Kanphata.
Malayalam Name : ജ്യോതിഷ്മതി / ഉഴിഞ്ഞ / കറുത്തകുന്നി / പാലുരുവം / വള്ളിഉഴിഞ്ഞ / Jyotishmati, Uzhinja, Karuthakunni, Paluruvam, Valliuzhinja.
Telugu Name : బుద్ధకాకర / ఎక్కుడుటైజ్ / జ్యోతిష్మతితీగె / కసారిటైజ్ / buddakakara, Ekkudutige, Jyotishmatitige, Kasaritige.
About Mudakathan(Balloon Plant) :-
Mudakathan ~ Cardiospermum halicacabum, known
as the balloon plant or love in a puff, is a climbing plant widely
distributed in tropical and subtropical Africa and Asia. It has been
examined for anti-diarrhea as well as homeopathic medicinal properties.
Indians use the leaves as the base of a few Indian dishes. Balloon
vine’s other descriptive monikers include “love in a puff,” and “heart
seed vine". Though the mature leaves are too bitter and hairy to enjoy
cooked or raw, the young leaves may be used in recipes. The taste of
balloon vine resembles many greens with its grassy, earthy, astringent,
bitter, and slightly salty taste.
Internal Benefits of Mudakathan (Balloon Plant) :-
- It is used in the treatment of rheumatism, nervous diseases, stiffness of the limbs.
- The leaves are rubefacient, they are applied as a poultice in the treatment of rheumatism.
- A tea made from them is used in the treatment of itchy skin.
- It is used in the treatment of Join pains.
- The leaf juice has been used as a treatment for ear ache.
- The root is diaphoretic, diuretic, emmenagogue, laxative and rubefacient.
- It is occasionally used in the treatment of rheumatism, lumbago and nervous diseases.
- It is used in treating Anemia, Asthma, Urinary Incontinence.
- 9. It is used in treating Arthritis, Backache, Baldness, Cough, Dandruff, Diarrhea, Dysentery, Earache, Eczema, Eye Diseases, Fracture, Gout, Headache, Menses Scanty, Menstrual Disorders, Piles, Rheumatism.
- It is used as Hair growth stimulation.
External Benefits of Mudakathan (Balloon Plant) :-
- Is used to treat for wounds & Swelling.
How to consume Mudakathan (Balloon Plant) Internally :-
- Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for
few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it
before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Mudakathan (Balloon Plant) Externally :-
- Salted leaves are used as apoultice on swellings.
Procurement & Agriculture Method :-
- 90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
- The Consumption details and
benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and
Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors
Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.