Omam / Ajowan Caraway Dried (Raw)
Trachyspermum ammi, also known as
Ajowan caraway, is an annual herb in the family Apiaceae. It originated
in India and Pakistan. Both the leaves and the fruit of the plant are
consumed by humans. The plant is also called bishops weed, but this is a
common name it shares with some other different plants.
Botanical Name : Trachyspermum Roxburghianum
English Name : Ajowan Caraway
Tamil Name : ஓமம் / Omam /asamtavomam
Hindi Name : अज्मोड / ajmod
Malayalam Name : അയമോദകം / യമുന / ayamodakam /omun
Telugu Name : అజుమోద / వాము / Ajumoda, Vamu
About Omam (Ajowan Caraway):-
Trachyspermum ammi, also known as Ajowan caraway, is an annual herb in the family Apiaceae. It originated in India and Pakistan. Both the leaves and the fruit of the plant are consumed by humans. The plant is also called bishops weed, but this is a common name it shares with some other different plants.The small fruits are pale brown schizocarps and have an oval shape, resembling caraway and cumin. It has a bitter and pungent taste, with a flavor similar to anise and oregano. They smell almost exactly like thyme because it also contains thymol, but is more aromatic and less subtle in taste, as well as slightly bitter and pungent. Ajwain is used as medicinal plant in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.
Internal Benefits of Omam (Ajowan Caraway):-
1. Instant Remedy for Stomachache: It has alcoholic qualities in a very mild form; therefore, it may be used as instant stomach pain.
2. It is also beneficial in case of headache, migraine and cold &cough.
3. Asthma: Inhalation of the smoke of Ajwain acts as bronchodialator and makes the breathing pattern easier
4. Its most effective in polyuria commonly seen in case of Diabetes Mellitus
5. To get rid of Alcohol addiction
6. Cholera :It has the ability to minimize the impact of thread worms and intestinal bacterial infection. Hence, it is good to give cholera patients.
7.Kidney Stone: It helps to dissolve kidney stone that ultimately remove with urine.
8. Weight Loss: Ajwain has appetite stimulating properties and on account of laxative components, it fastens the bowel movement and thus helps in weight loss. Regular taking of ajwain also helps to regulate obesity.
9. Ajwain reduces Gas and Flatulence: Ajwain is one of the best herbal
wonder drug for gas, flatulence and indigestion. Distilled water of it
is good for the above said problems and also enhances appetite
External Benefits of Omam (Ajowan Caraway):-
How to consume Omam (Ajowan Caraway)Internally:-
1. Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
2. Remedy for Stomachache :Ajwain to add small quantity of salt, when sip with warm water is quite beneficial for indigestion and stomach pain.
3. Diabetes: Use 1 tsp of Ajwain seeds + 4 tsp of Bael leave juice if taken 2 to 3 times a day, are effective in polyuria commonly seen in case of diabetes
4. Asthma : The person suffering from Asthma may take the paste of
Ajwain + Jaggery, 1 tsp, twice a day. This mixture is helpful in asthma
How to Apply Omam (Ajowan Caraway)Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.