Shikakai / Soap Pod Dried (Raw)
Shikakai is a prickly bush or climber and grows in tropical forests of
India. Its fruits are very well known for use as natural hair shampoo.
Its pod turn dark brown and wrinkled on drying.
Botanical Name : Acacia Concinna
English Name : Soap Pod
Tamil Name : சீயக்காய் / Siyakai / Shikakai
Hindi Name : हिकाकाई / कोची / रिघा /रीठा (रीठा ) / सातला / शिका / शिकाकाई / Hikakai/ Kochi/ Righa/ Ritha (reetha)/ Saatalaa/ Shika/ Shikakai.
Malayalam Name : കമലാന്താ/കാർമലന്തല/ചികക/ചിനിക്ക/സിക്കാക്ക/സിനിക്കാ/സിവിക്ക / Carmalantala, Chikaka, Chinikka, Cikkakka, Civikka
Telugu Name : చికాయ (చీకాయ) / గోగు / శిరికాయ / సీకాయ / Chikaya (cheekaya)/ Gogu/ Shiikaya/ Siikaya
About Shikakai(Soap Pod):-
is a prickly bush or climber and grows in tropical forests of India.
Its fruits are very well known for use as natural hair shampoo. Its pod
turn dark brown and wrinkled on drying. In each pod there are six to ten
seeds. For medicinal purpose its leaves and fruits are used. Its dried
pods are powdered to produce Shikakai powder.
External Benefits of Shikakai(Soap
• Shikakai powder is good remedy for skin disorders.
• It cures itching, psoriasis, and pimples.
• Shikakai powder is used for Hyperpigmentation.
• A good remedy for pain.
• Shikakai powder is used as a hair care remedy for dandruff.
How to Apply Shikakai(Soap
- Hair washes: Prepare a paste of its powder by adding water, and apply for hair while bathing.
Dandruff: Boil Shikakai powder in water. Cook for ten minutes and use this for washing hairs.
- Hyperpigmentation: Prepare a paste of its powder by adding water and apply on affected parts.
- Skin disorders, itching, and psoriasis, pimples: Boil Shikakai powder (1 tbsp) in water (1 cup). Cook for a few minutes and apply on affected areas.
- Remedy for pain: Apply some castor oil on the affected area.Heat with hot water bag. Now massage with powdered shikakai for 15 min, was the area with hot water and wipe it.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your doctor before use.