Dosa Kal / Maakal Dosa Tawa 10 inch
Kal Dosa/Maa kal Tawa, a soft variety of dosa can be made in Soap Stone Dosa Tawa. This is one of the most famous South Indian breakfast dish in most of the restaurants. Kal dosa/Maa kal Tawa is slightly thicker and smoothier than the traditional dosa . Traditionally, Soapstone Dosa Tawa was used to make the Kal Dosa/Maa kal Tawa. Kal Dosa with Kara Chutney is a popular combination in south india.
Dosa Kal/Maa kal Tawa vessel cooked recipes are always having a heavenly taste too. Soapstone vessels are always hand carved by rural village Artisans/ Sculptors who were involved in the manufacturing of Stonewares 3 to 5 decades ago. Every inch of these products are handcrafted without any machine assistance thus retains a heritage look and appearance. Dosa Kal/Maa kal Tawa is used for making Dosa/ Chappathi and all kind for dry frying. The dosa made out of this tawa tastes unique and has a pleasant mild aroma too. Normally Non-Stick Tawa has the life of maximum 2 to 3 years, whereas this stone tawa will go for generations after generations. There are lot of stone tawas in villages which have been used for more than 50 years and still making crispy yummy dosas.
- Food items cooked in the stone pots taste outstanding, because they are chemically inert and hence do not alter or change the natural flavors of the ingredients and retain the original aroma and taste of the food.
- Purely natural, Toxin free cookware unlike the Chemical coated modern utensils.
- It is hand carved stone product, Crafted by rural village Artisans/ Sculptors who were involving in manufacturing of Stoneware’s 3 to 5 decades ago. Every inch of these products are hand crafted without any machine assistance, So the dimensions are mentioned in approx but assures mentioned volume.
How it use Kal Dosa Maa kal Tawa:
- Treat the Dosa Tawa before putting it on direct flame. Detailed treatment process is mentioned in the package.
- The vessel gets heated quickly. Once heated, turn down the flameto save gas.
- The stone Dosa tawa tends to chip when dropped, handle with care Each piece is chiseled by hand, there is a chance for mild variation in size.
Kalchatti tawa will turn pitch black in colour. Now the kalchatti tawa
is ready to be used for making mouth watering Kal Dosa, Chapathi, Fish
fry etc. Buy Dosa Tawa online.
Food items cooked in the stone
pots taste outstanding, because they are chemically inert and hence do
not alter or change the natural flavors of the ingredients and retains
the original aroma and taste of the food. 100% natural, Toxin free
cookware unlike the Chemical coated modern utensils.
It is hand carved stone product, Crafted by rural village Artisans/ Sculptors who were involved in manufacturing of Stoneware’s 3 to 5 decades ago. Every inch of these products are hand crafted without any machine assistance, So the dimensions were mentioned in approx but assures mentioned volume.
Benefits of the Product:
- Heat is evenly observed thus it retains healthy anti-oxidants of the food which is used to counteract the deterioration of stored food.
- Heat is steadily dispersed into the utensils and uniformly transferred into food items, so nutrients of the food is preserved whereas its is destructed in modern cooking utensils.
- Retains heat for long time even after flame is stopped, so no need of additional heating is required often.
- Since the retention of Anti-Oxidant level is high, no wonder you can
keep the food for long time in the same stoneware, No need of stuffing
the food in your freezer.
Steps / Cautions before Using:
Many Decades ago, Our ancestors used to habituate the stone for cooking through a state of art procedure which is given below;-
- Mix 1 tea spoon of Turmeric powder in castor oil, or any oil and apply throughout the surface of the utensil at top and bottom and keep that ideal for 1 day ie 24 hr.
- For habituating the utensil, You need Rice gruel or Rice starch water or rice flour mixed water, You can better prefer the first 2 for best results.Thus the content will be called as mixture.
- At 2nd Day, Heat the mixture and Pour it in vessel till neck and keep it for 1 day ie : 24 hours.
- Third day, either you can repeat the second day procedure with fresh mixture, or heat the same mixture in another utensil then pour it in stoneware.
- 4th, 5th, and 6th day the same procedure is to be repeated.
- On 7th Day, If the rice cooked kanji poured on the surface is remains non stick, then your vessel is ready for regular usage.
- If the Process is completed, Stoneware’s will have a natural non-stick surface. You can cook food with little to no oil, without using coated non-stick pans that chip and then fleck away. This simple seasoning process that improves the surface, and increase the life of Stoneware.
- Perfectly habituated utensil can be used for so many years.
Dosa Kal 10 inch
Dimensions (Diameter * Height)
Approx 9-10 * 1 inches
Name of the Stone
Country of Manufacture
Method of usage:
This can be placed on regular Gas burner flames. Once the utensil gets heated up, always put the flame ( Heat input ) in low level till the end of cooking.
It can be washed like regular vessels with preferred scrubs and soaps.
For making Dosa, Adai, Chapathi, etc.