Venthaya keerai / Fenugreek Leaves Powder
Venthya Keerai known as Fenugreek in English (Trigonella foenum - graecum) is an annual herbaceous plant of the Leguminosae family , measuring between 20 and 50cm (up to 100cm .) high.
Botanical Name : Trigonella Foenum
English Name : Fenugreek Leaves
Tamil Name : வெந்தயகீரை / venthaya keerai
Hindi Name : कसूरी मेथी / कसूरी मेथी / मेथी सैग / Kasuri Methi / Methi Sag
Malayalam Name : ഉലുവ ഇല / Uluva Ila
Telugu Name : మెంతికూర, మెంత్కూరు / Menthikora, Menthkoora
About Venthaya Keerai (Fenugreek Leaves):-
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum - graecum) is an annual herbaceous plant of the Leguminosae family , measuring between 20 and 50cm (up to 100cm .) high. Its Stem erect , branched , grooved and with little pubescence. leaves are compound , petiolated , consisting of three oblon gleaflets , attenuated towards the base and with toothed margins . Size 20-50 x 8 -17mm and its flowers are white or yellow , grow from the leaf axils and are arranged singly or in little groups of twos. Corolla 12 - 18mm . It flowers in April and May .Inside of them, there are between 10 and 20 tiny seeds 3mm . approximately yellow, quadrangular and with a groove in the central part.
Internal Benefits of Venthaya Keerai (Fenugreek Leaves):-
• Ayurvedic Medicine for Bowel Problems:This leaf is highly
beneficial for treating poor liver functions and dyspepsia. It is also helpful
in treating gastric problems and other intestinal issues. It is also used for
curing dysentery and diarrhea as well as allergies or congestion of the upper
• Natural way to reduce Cholesterol: Fenugreek leaf has an incredibly strong effect on blood lipid levels; it may also prove helpful in lowering atherosclerosis. Patients suffering from lipid fluctuations benefit hugely from this herb; the reason behind this is its capacity to cut down cholesterol levels, LDL and triglycerides while pulling up their HDL levels.
• Siddha Medicine for Diabetes: The healing properties of Fenugreek are quite similar to cinnamon; due to its anti-diabetic elements, this spice is capable of controlling glucose metabolism. It also helps in preventing and treating of Type II diabetes.
• Natural Medicine for Heart Problems and Blood Lipids:This herb, Fenugreek, has a strong balancing effect on blood lipid levels and lowers the hazards of atherosclerosis. In case of diabetes, it has substantiated an outstanding ability to reduce LDL levels, triglycerides and cholesterol. One more important characteristic of this spice is its power to reduce platelet creation, which, in turn, lowers the chances of sudden blood clotting in your heart; the common consequences being strokes and massive heart attacks. Like most of the other spices, Fenugreek too contains strong antioxidants. It is also beneficial in protecting other internally generated antioxidants from any kind of damage. It also shields the body against a variety of other chronic diseases .
External Benefits of Venthaya Keerai (Fenugreek Leaves):-
Skin care & Hair care
How to Consume Venthaya Keerai (Fenugreek Leaves) Internally:-
Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100
ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter
the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after
How to Apply Venthaya Keerai (Fenugreek Leaves) Externally:-
• Skin Benefits Of Fenugreek Leaves: Reduce Blemishes:This herb is highly beneficial in reducing skin marks and blemishes. If there are some stubborn marks or spots on your face, consider using something natural like fenugreek leaves.
• Hair Benefits of Fenugreek Leaves:For long and lustrous hair, apply a thick fenugreek paste on your scalp and keep it for forty minutes. Next, rinse it off with cold water. You can repeat this practice once or twice a week. Considering its countless natural benefits, it works as an excellent alternative to damaging and unsafe chemical found in local shampoos .
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.