Mavilanga Pattai / Caper Tree Bark (Raw)
A moderate sized deciduous tree found throughout India. The bark is smooth and brown while the branches have white patches tinged with purple and yellow. The leaves are clustered at the ends of branchlets, with a common petiole 5 to 10 centimeters long, The leaflets are ovate-lanceolate or ovate, 7.5 to 12 centimeters long, 4 to 6 centimeters wide, and pointed at the base, with a rather slender point at the tip.
Tamil name : மாவிலங்க பட்டை / Mavilinga Pattai
Hindi name : बरुना / Baruna, Barna
English name :Three leaved caper, caper tree, Holy garlic pear
Telugu name :Ulimidi, Maagalingam
Malayalam : Nir mathalam
About Mavilanga Pattai (Caper Tree Bark ):-
A moderate sized deciduous tree found throughout India. The leaves are clustered at the ends of branchlets, with a common petiole 5 to 10 cm long, at the summit of which are tree leaflets. The leaflets are ovate-lanceolate or ovate, 7.5 to 12 cm long, 4 to 6 cm wide, and pointed at the base, with a rather slender point at the tip. The petals are ovate or oblong, with the claw half as long as a limb. The fruit is ovoid or rounded, and 3 to 5 centimeters in diameters, with hard and rough rind. The seeds are about 10 centimeters in length, numerous, kidney-shaped, and embedded in a yellow pulp.
Health Benefits of mavilanga pattai (Caper Tree Bark ):-
- The bark of the mavilangam is believed to be especially effective when used to treat infections of the urinary tract.thip
- It is used as a cholegogue promotes the discharge of bile from the system, anthelmintic (expels worms) and anti-amoebic in both intestinal and hepatic infestations.
- The bark of the Mavilangam is believed to be especially effective when used to treat infections of the urinary tract.
- The plant is very important in traditional medicine to cure for urinary infections.
- The bark and leaves are used to cure rheumatic pain and swellings.
- It is used extensively in blood purification.
- The herb strengthens the bladder. It is protection against liver diseases.
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.