Pagarkaai / Bitter Gourd Powder
Bitter Gourd- herbaceous tendril- bearing vine grows up to 5 m in length. It
bears simple, alternate leaves 4–12 cm across, with three to seven
deeply separated lobes. Each plant bears separate yellow male and female
Botanical Name : Momordica Charantia
English Name : Bitter Gourd
Tamil Name : பாகற்காய் / Pagarkai / Pakarkkai
Hindi Name : करेला / Karela
Malayalam Name: പാവയ്ക്ക / Pavakka
Telugu Name : కాకరకాయ / Kakarakaya
About Pagarkai ( Bitter Gourd ):-
This herbaceous, tendril-bearing vine
grows up to 5 m in length. It bears simple, alternate leaves 4–12 cm
across, with three to seven deeply separated lobes. Each plant bears
separate yellow male and female flowers. Bitter Guard are dark or
light green in color depending on the region where they are grown.
Though they taste very bitter, they are filled with many beneficial
antioxidants and essential vitamins.
Internal Benefits of Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd):-
1.Pagarkaai ( Bitter Gourd ) for Respiratory Disorders:The fresh pods are an excellent remedy for curing respiratory problems like asthma, cold, cough, etc. Drink one glass of bitter melon juice daily to heal liver problems. Keep consuming this continuously for a week to see results.
2. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd )for Better Immune System: consume it every day to fight against infections. This also helps to build your immunity
3. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) forSkin care: Consuming bitter gourd can help you get rid of acne, blemishes and deep skin infections. Bitter melon is useful in treating blood disorders like blood boils, scabies, itching, psoriasis, ringworm and other fungal diseases. The free radicals in it are also useful for anti-ageing
4.Pagarkaai (Bitter gourd) for Diabetes: Bitter gourd juice benefits include helping to overcome type 2 diabetes.It has been a part of the Indian ancient medicine for a long time. Type 2 diabetes is caused partially due to the inability of a cell to absorb the sugar in the blood due to insufficient insulin or due to development of resistance to insulin. In both cases, the cells are unable to absorb the sugar due to the ineffectiveness of the insulin produced.The absorption of sugar occurs due to the activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in the cells. Bitter gourd activates these kinase due to which the absorption of sugar increases and hence, aids in bringing diabetes under control.
5.Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Constipation: Bitter gourd helps in easy digestion as it contains fiber properties. The food is digested and the waste is thrown out of the body which helps in curing indigestion and constipation problems
6. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Kidney And Bladder: Bitter gourd- Pakarkkai helps to maintain a healthy liver and bladder. It is also useful in curing kidney stones.
7. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Heart Disease : Bitter gourd/Pakarkkai is very good for the heart in many ways. It helps reduce the bad cholesterol levels which clog the arterial walls and thereby reduces the chances of heart attacks. Also, it is known to lower the blood sugar levels that help in maintaining a good heart health.
8.Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Weight Loss: Bitter gourd contains antioxidants that help to flush out your system. This improves your metabolism and digestive systems, thus helping you lose weight quickly.
9. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for as Natural Energizer: Regular consumption of bitter gourd juice improves stamina and energy levels of the individual and improves sleeping patterns.
10. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Blood Purification :The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of bitter gourd juice help to treat skin problems, blood disorders, clear toxins from the blood and purify it, and further improves blood circulation throughout the body. It helps to cure issues like itching caused by toxaemia, rashes, acne, psoriasis, blood boils and even inhibits the growth of cancerous cells in the body.
11. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Skin Problems: The regular consumption of bitter gourd helps in keeping your skin glowing and free from blemishes. It also helps prevent acne thanks to its blood purifying properties.
12.Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Skin Infections: Bitter gourd benefits in treating skin diseases or skin infections, eczema and psoriasis and regular consumption of bitter gourd juice helps in improving psoriasis as well as other fungal infections like ringworm and athlete’s foot.
13. Pagarkaai ( Bitter Gourd ) for Anti-Aging: Bitter gourd contains vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. By fighting and eliminating the harmful free radicals, it helps to prevent wrinkles by slowing down the aging process. It also protects the skin from damage by the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
14.Pagarkaai ( Bitter Gourd ) for Healing Wounds: Bitter gourd helps in controlling the blood flow and clotting, causing wounds to heal faster, preventing further infections.
External Benefits of Pagarkai (Bitter Gourd):-
How to Consume Pagarkai (Bitter Gourd) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Pagarkai ( Bitter Guard ) Externally:-
1. Pagarkaai ( Bitter Gourd ) for Shiny Hair: To impart a natural shine to your hair, you can mix a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice with yoghurt and apply on your hair. Wash off after sometime. This will make your hair shiny and beautiful.
2.Pagarkaai ( Bitter Gourd ) for Dandruff: Dandruff is a common problem and is mostly caused due to the consumption of unhealthy food and exposure to pollution. To ward off dandruff, you can prepare a hair pack by mixing bitter gourd juice and cumin seeds. Regular usage of this pack will rid you of dandruff within a month.
3. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Hair Split Ends: If you are troubled by split ends, you can apply raw bitter gourd juice to your split ends and then comb gently. This should be done twice a week to get rid of split ends.
4.Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd )for Dry and Itchy Scalp: To combat the dryness of the scalp, you can rub a fresh piece of bitter gourd on it and massage your scalp in a circular motion. Then, rinse off with clear water. To combat the itchiness, you can prepare a hair pack by mixing bitter gourd juice with either avocado or banana and apply it on your scalp. This should be used at least once a week to get rid of an itchy scalp.
5.Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd ) for Hair Loss: Bitter gourd juice helps in reducing hair fall naturally. All you need to do is mix bitter gourd juice with a dash of sugar and use this paste on your hair to get good results.
6. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Rough And Tangled Hair: If you have rough and tangled hair, you can pour a cup of bitter gourd juice and allow it to soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse off your hair. This will help smoothen your hair texture and make it soft and shiny.
7. Pagarkaai (Bitter Gourd) for Grey Hair: Bitter gourd can also treat premature graying of hair. You can apply freshly squeezed bitter gourd juice on your Grey strands. Doing this once in every ten days will reduce the Grey hair growth.
8.Pagarkaai (Bitter gourd) for Oily Hair: Increased intake of oily food can cause the accumulation of excess oil in your hair. If you have oily hair, you should first limit the consumption of oily food. You can apply a mixture of bitter gourd juice and apple cider vinegar to remove the excess oil from your hair.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.