Sirupeelai / Sirukan Peelai / Mountain Knot Grass Powder
As a Natural herb , Sirukan Peelai (Aerva Lanata) is a perennial and annual herb, commonly known as Mountain
Knot Grass. It comes from the family of Amaranthaceae. It is abundantly
seen and originated in India. It is mostly found in Asia, Africa, and
Australia. Even though it looks like waste plant it has many unknown benefits. It is found in open forests and
also on mountains up to an elevation of 900 meters.
Botanical Name : Aerva Lanata
English Name : Mountain Knot Grass / Polpala Plant
Tamil Name : சிறுபீளை / Siru Poolai / Poola Poo
Hindi Name : कपूरीजादी / गोरखबूटी / छाया / Kapooreejadee / gorakhabootee / chhaaya
Malayalam Name: ചെറൂള / Cerula
Telugu Name : పిండిదొండ / Pindidonda
About Siru Poolai / Sirukan Peelai:-
As a Natural herb , Sirupeelai (Aerva Lanata) is a perennial and annual herb, commonly known as Mountain Knot Grass. It comes from the family of Amaranthaceae. It is abundantly seen and originated in India. It is mostly found in Asia, Africa, and Australia. Even though it looks like waste plant it has many unknown benefits. It is found in open forests and also on mountains up to an elevation of 900 meters. The flowers are tiny about 2.5 mm long with white color and grow in clusters near the axis of stems. It flowers during may and October. It is rarely pollinated by insects as there is no honey or fragrance.
Internal Benefits of Sirupeelai / Sirukan Peelai:-
• In Tamil Maruthuvam for Urinal Problems; It is diuretic which helps in promoting the production of urine, effective in urethral problems, lithiasis, and gonorrhea.
• In Ayurveda It acts as a demulcent which helps in getting relief from pain and inflammation.
• As per Patti Vaithiyam It acts as an astringent thereby helping in reducing bleeding in piles. It is also used as a treatment for diarrhea and hemorrhages.
•As a Natural Remedy Its stem acts as an antioxidant which helps in balancing the free radicals.
• As Great Natural relief for Kidney Stone- It is lithontriptic and antilithic which gives the plant the power to destroy stones in kidneys and bladder.
• As Herbal booster It is also known for increasing memory power and used to treat a headache, abdomen and digestion problems.
• In Siddha Maruthuvam for Back pain It is effective for neck and back pain, fever, urine problems and also regulates body metabolism.
• As a Herb for Liver decease - Aerva Lanata is considered to be effective for hepatitis and inflammation of the liver.
• Natural way for fat burning - Aerva Lanata is also used for the treatment of many health problems
like Anemia, Alzheimer, Arthritis, Cholesterol, lung problems, bone
problems and also blood circulation.
External Benefits of Siru Poolai / Sirukan Peelai:-
• It helps to fight against
pathogens. It protects both the skin and the body from pathogens and it
is anthelmintic which helps in destroying parasitic worms and reducing
sores and injuries on the skin.
How to Consume Siru Peelai / Sirukan Peelai Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for
few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it
before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Siru Peelai / Sirukan Peelai Externally:-
Apply the Paste on the affected area
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.