Vallarai / Brahmi Leaves Powder
Brahmi (Centella asiatica or Gotu Kola) is one of the most powerful
brain tonics in the Ayurvedic apothecary. The leaf of the Brahmi plant (Vallarai), resembles the cerebellum and is traditionally used to promote memory and
intelligence and to relax the central nervous system.
Botanical Name : Centella Asiatica.
English Name : Brahmi Leaves / Indian Pennywort.
Tamil Name : வல்லாரை / Vallarai.
Hindi Name : ब्राह्मी बूटी, ब्रह्ममांडुकी / Brahmi Booti, Brahma manduki.
Malayalam Name : കുടവൻ), മുത്തിൾ, കുടങ്ങൽ / Kudavan, Muttil, kudangal.
Telugu Name : సరస్వతి ఆకూ / Saraswati Aku.
About Vallarai (Brahmi Leaves):-
Brahmi / Vallarai (Centella asiatica or Gotu Kola) is one of the most powerful brain tonics in the Ayurvedic apothecary. The leaf of the Brahmi plant resembles the cerebellum and is traditionally used to promote memory and intelligence and to relax the central nervous system. Brahmi supports restful sleep, calms emotional turbulence, and simultaneously improves concentration and alertness. Brahmi, in Ayurveda, is known as a brain tonic and may actually work on the brain through its effect on the gut microbiology. Recent studies suggest that Brahmi supports healthy skin, lymph, and circulatory functions. In particular, Brahmi seems to balance the inner skin that lines the digestive tract where healthy skin supports healthy microbes; these make neurotransmitters that support healthy and stable mood and cognitive function. Sometimes used topically, Brahmi is known to support the body’s natural healing process and healthy blood circulation.
Internal Benefits of Vallarai (Brahmi Leaves):-
- Memory power: When it comes to increasing memory power naturally, vallarai keerai is the first herb that comes in everyone's mind. With its Nitric acid, it helps to increase the memory and concentration power as it is very beneficial for your brain. Including vallarai in your diet at least twice a week, you can realize the difference in your memory power.
- Hair and skin problems: Hair fall, premature greying, hair thinning are some of the problems which can be cured by regular intake of vallarai keerai. Regular intake of vallarai keerai can be helpful for treating skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
- Nervous Disorders: The calming effects of Vallarai that can reduce stress and stimulate healthy sleep can also calm the nervous system directly. For those who suffer from disorders like epilepsy or premature aging, Vallarai can have a powerful effect on the quality of life and the severity of the conditions if taken regularly.
- Stomach problems, stress and depression: Stomach upset, diarrhea and indigestion problems can be treated by consuming vallarai keerai. stress and other depression problems. Some depressions cannot be avoided like post natal depression. But you can handle it effectively by adding brahmi leaves in your diet. People also suggests it for controlling our own mind.
- Blood Pressure:
Studies have linked gotu kola with a decrease in many diseases,
including congestive heart failure, and one of the positive associations
with the herb was blood pressure.
External Benefits of Vallarai (Brahmi Leaves):-
How to consume Vallarai (Brahmi Leaves) Internally:-
- Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
Apply Vallarai (Brahmi Leaves) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:-
- 90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
- The Consumption details and
benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and
Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors
Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.